The major in business management leads to the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) and provides students with the theoretical and conceptual basis of business as well as application skills to assume leadership roles in industry, governments and education.
The business management major with a specialization in marketing prepares the graduate to successfully promote and sell goods and services.
Goals for Business Management Major with Marketing Emphasis
Students must demonstrate core business knowledge or skills in:
- Organization concepts including various design arrangements;
- Human resource management to include effective practices or recruitments, training and development, appraisal, compensation, and motivation;
- Interpersonal relationships and effective small-group project management;
- Understand and use appropriate emphasis area terminology, principles, and concepts;
- Analyze critical care situations specific to the emphasis area; provide reasonable recommendations and support recommendations adequately; apply relevant emphasis area theories, concepts, and techniques; and integrate the primary functional disciplines of business; and
- Understand the role or the appropriate emphasis area in corporate policy and strategy development.
Requirements for Business Management Major with Marketing Emphasis
||Management Info. Systems
|Business electives (3/400-level)
Business Management with Marketing Emphasis 4-Year Plan
Academic Honesty Policy